What if the voice of reason had prevailed at FCCF? What if it looked like this one suggested by a former elder?
From the book:
“What would happen if the elders revealed to the congregation a set of guidelines to be followed for a number of important issues?
These issues might include the following list:
• What if we observe unsettling physical contact between two students in our student ministry?
• What if we observe unsettling physical contact between two children in our children’s ministry?
• What if we observe unsettling physical contact between an adult and a student during any church-related occasion?
• What if we observe unsettling physical or emotional contact between an intern or staff member and another member, student or adult?
• What if we observe unsettling physical or emotional contact between members of staff or interns?
• What if we observe unsettling conduct of any type from an elder or minister?
• What if we have questions about actions taken by the elders or ministers?
Perhaps these issues might be clarified in an open congregational meeting. I think it’s time to have greater candor and transparency, certainly on the current issue, and that might assist in establishing a continuing rapport with the congregation.” (Taylor, Joy S., A View from the Pews – The Inside Story of a Broken Church, 2022 Lily of the Valley Publishing, Santa Claus IN, p. 139.)
A View from the Pews is available on Amazon in print and ebook format, along with being available to read through the Kindle Unlimited program. Choose your preferred method and read the rest of the story. This project is for the victims. The first payment to Safe Connections has gone out. Every book sold and every page read helps support this worthy organization. Please join me in the cause for victims of abuse.